The Women’s Business Development Council’s Opportunity Fund is pleased to offer the Equity Match Grant Program, providing cash grants
of up to $10,000 to women-owned businesses in Connecticut.
Grants are awarded for clearly defined projects that will have a measurable impact on the business. Priority will be given to eligible minority-owned businesses and those disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. WBDC is looking to support women entrepreneurs needing to purchase critical business assets or looking to pivot to an online business model. NOTE: grant funds cannot be used towards operating expenses, payroll, or real estate improvements.
Applicants are required to provide a minimum of a 25% match. For example, a client receiving a $10,000 grant must have invested a minimum of $2,500 in their business over the past 12 months OR be able to invest an incremental $2,500 of their own funds at the time of grant distribution.
Qualified business applicants must be:
● Registered in Connecticut and in good standing with the State
● Operating for a minimum of two years
Only complete applications will be accepted. Required documentation includes:
● A Letter of Intent describing the project to be funded and forecasted impact (including supporting cost estimates and proposals)
● A complete business plan, including two years of past financials (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow statement) and three years of financial projections
● Complete tax returns – 2018, 2019 and 2020 (if available)
● Copy of business bank account statement
● Proof of CT residency and business ownership, including Articles of Incorporation or a letter of good standing from the CT Secretary of State
Application Open Date: February 1
Information Session: February 8
Application Closing Date: February 15
Grant awardees announced: April 5
Grants distributed: April 15
For more information, please visit ctwbdc.org or email email@example.com .