Willimantic’s Town Pride Town Wide Event Will Be Held Saturday, April 28, 2012
On April 28 Willimantic will be celebrating Town Pride Town Wide. This annual event is a partnership between the students of Eastern, the Town of Windham, the Chamber and the residents and business owners in town. Students will be volunteering their time to complete projects throughout Willimantic that will enhance the overall image of the town. Any business, non-profit or community group, including neighborhood groups, who wish to have help with beautification or clean up projects should complete the volunteer request form and return it to the Town Pride Committee. Volunteers and resources will be distributed so that as many beautification projects as possible can be completed.
This year we are honored to host the ceremony celebrating Willimantic’s great accomplishment of earning the title from the National Wildlife Federation as a Certified Wildlife Community, only the second town in the State of CT to achieve this honor. A representative from the National Wildlife Federation will be presenting Pam Wright with the town’s official certification.
General Information: The event will start at 8:30 am at Memorial Park. Student volunteers and Site Project Coordinators will meet at Memorial Park to connect with each other. Students will then be transported by Eastern to the project site to begin the work at 9:00 am. Students will work at the site under the supervision of the Site Project Coordinator until 12:00 pm and then will be picked up by Eastern and brought back to Memorial Park for refreshments and a ceremony.
Who can participate?
For- Profit and Not- For- Profit Organizations and Businesses
Each Project must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have a lasting impact
2. Must make a specific visual or physical change that improves the look of the town
3. Must be accessible to the general public (landscaping, exterior building improvements)
4. Must reflect the message of the town and promote Town Pride
As a participant your responsibilities include:
1. You must match volunteers. For every 5 volunteers you need you must provide at least one
2. You must donate publicity both within your organization/business and to the general public
3. You must provide as many resources, supplies and materials as feasible
Please complete the attached application >>Town Pride Town Pride Application 2012 << and submit it to the Town Pride Committee no later than April 5, 2012.
Email it to: email@example.com
Fax it to: 860.423.8235
Mail to: The Chamber of Commerce, 1010 Main St, Willimantic, CT 06226