Seven eastern Connecticut business development groups have joined together to host a Mystic Country Tourism Marketing Boot Camp designed to help tourism-focused enterprises get their marketing plans in shape for the year ahead.
Collaborators and planners for the two, half-day camps include (alphabetically):
• Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut
• Eastern Regional Tourism District/Mystic Country
• Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce
• Greater Mystic Visitors Bureau
• Miranda Creative
• Northeastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
• Windham Region Chamber of Commerce
Running from 7:30 am – 1 pm, Tourism Marketing Boot Camp will be held on Friday, November 15 Quinebaug Valley Community College, 742 Upper Maple Street, Danielson, CT
The Boot Camp will feature nine 30-minute and rotated workshops on timely topics presented by experienced industry peers.*
• Facebook 101
Maria Miranda, Creative Director at Miranda Creative
• Principles of Marketing
• Twitter 101
Rita Rivera, President, Little Print Communications
• Understanding Google Analytics
• Search Engine Optimization & Online Marketing 101
Julia Balfour, CEO, Julia Balfour, LLC
• Public Relations 101
Karin Burgess, President,Whiting Burgess Communications
• Effective Brochure Design
Laura Capshaw, Media Consultant with CTM Media Group
• Reaching Group and International Markets
Janice Putnam, Marketing and Sales Manager at the Eastern Regional Tourism District/Mystic Country
The day will conclude with a working lunch, providing an overview of the resources and opportunities on ctvisit.com and mystic.org.
Cost: $25/pp with continental breakfast and box lunch included.
Reservations for either workshop may be made with the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut online at www.chamberECT.com/chamber-activities.
* While the topics are confirmed, presenters are subject to change.