The Windham Chamber in partnership with CBIA completed a survey of 148 businesses in Northeast CT.
Some interesting information included:
- Businesses like being in Northeast CT because of the quality of life here.
- Their greatest challenge in this region is the cost of doing business, most significantly is the cost of health care, energy and state regulatory compliance.
- Most businesses expect that the economy will remain the same over the next year or slightly improve with only a slight improvement in their revenue growth.
- 35% of businesses have reduced their labor force, 27% have reduced their health care benefits, and 26% have reduced their energy consumption.
- While only 15% rated Governor Rell’s poor, 51% rated State Legislators performance as poor.
- 65% of businesses believe that tourism plays a significant role in the economic vitality of the region.
- 82% of businesses believe that improving CT’s transportation infrastructure will be important to maintain a healthy business environment
- 68% of businesses did not hire anyone last year and 53% do not anticipate hiring any employees in the coming year.
- 57% of businesses feel that social networking has a role for business.
Want to see the full survey? Click this link –> Windham Chamber Results