The Willi Whammer Half Marathon and Frog Bridge 5K will take place on May 2, 2015. The race begins at *8:30 a.m. at Jillson Square. The race will benefit the Windham No Freeze Shelter and Windham Center School. The event major sponsor is the Savings Institute Bank & Trust Co. The Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region is also a sponsor as well as other local businesses.
While event coordinators intend on having as little impact on traffic as possible through the morning, getting around town may be challenging in places. The roads will be lined with cones to keep the runners safe; please drive carefully.
The course route is as follows:
• Start at Jillson Square, taking a right onto Main Street; • Left onto Bridge Street; • Right onto Pleasant Street, continuing onto Kingsley Road over the Lebanon town line
• Runners take a left onto the Airline Trail, exiting the trail and turning right onto Village Hill Road; • Right onto Cards Mill Road; • Right onto Baker Hill Road, continuing on Kingsley Road and Pleasant Street, returning to Willimantic
• Right onto Willard Street; • Left onto Hayden Street; • Right onto Lebanon Ave; • Left onto Young Street; • Left onto South Street and over the Frog Bridge, continuing on Jackson Street
•Left onto Valley Street and continuing on West Ave; • Right onto West Main Street; • Right onto Roanoak Ave
• Left onto Mansfield Ave., crossing into Mansfield • Right onto Pleasant Valley Road; • Right onto Mansfield City Road, crossing back into Willimantic
• Left onto South Frontage Road; • Right onto Ash Street; • Right onto Jackson Street; • Right onto Valley Street and finish at Jillson Square.
*There is an early start of 7:30 to accommodate participants who plan to walk portions of the route. For more information, visit www.williwhammer.com or check out the Willi Whammer Facebook page. There’s still time to register (there are lots of finishers’ perks)! We are also seeking volunteers to help along the course route. Thank you for your support! You can also call the Chamber at 860-423-6389.