The IRS reminds tax professionals to sign up for this summer’s IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. By attending one of these events, tax professionals can earn continuing education credits and get the latest information about recent tax law changes and cybersecurity threats facing the tax community. Tax professionals can visit www.irstaxforum.com for more information and to register.
There are five IRS Nationwide Tax Forums in cities across the country. Each is a three-day event with more than 40 seminars and workshops. These focus on a wide variety of federal and state tax issues presented by experts from the IRS and partner organizations. Tax professionals can earn up to 18 continuing education credits.
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums are designed specifically for tax professionals, including:
- Enrolled agents
- Certified public accountants
- Certified financial planners
- Annual Filing Season Program participants
- Uncredentialled tax professionals
The dates, locations and registration deadlines for the five Forums this year are:
- Atlanta – July 10-12 Registration deadline: June 26
- National Harbor, Maryland, near Washington, D.C. – July 17-19Registration deadline: July 3
- San Diego – August 7-9 Registration deadline: July 24
- Chicago – August 21-23 Registration deadline: August 7
- Orlando – September 11-13 Registration deadline: August 28
Tax professionals who pre-register by June 15 will receive an early bird rate of $235 per person. The standard rate of $255 is available starting June 16 and ends two weeks prior to the start of each Forum. Attendees registering on-site or after the deadlines will pay $370.