WASHINGTON – Taxpayers interested in receiving helpful consumer tips this summer to get a jump start on this year’s taxes should consider joining the more than 660,000 subscribers who already receive IRS Tax Tips.
Starting July 1, the IRS began offering its Summertime Tax Tip series which include useful information in English and Spanish. Tax Tip subscribers receive a new Tip via email three times a week during July and August. They also get a Tax Tip each weekday during the tax filing season. The IRS also issues Special Edition Tax Tips on important tax topics throughout the year.
IRS Tax Tips are plain language messages that are easy to understand and cover a wide range of topics. They often include links to helpful IRS.gov references, IRS YouTube videos and podcasts.
Summertime Tax Tip topics include:
• Ten things to know about identity theft and your taxes
• Visit IRS.gov this Summer
• Don’t fall for phone scams from IRS posers
• Tax Tips about hobbies that earn income
• Tips on the tax effects of divorce or separation
• Back-to-school tips for students and parents paying college expenses
Taxpayers can sign up to IRS Tax Tips automatically each day via email through a free service on www.irs.gov. From the Subscriptions link on the top right of the IRS website, choose “IRS Tax Tips” on the drop-down menu, and then click on “Subscribe.” Click on “more” to subscribe to the IRS Tax Tips in Spanish