Greetings from the Connecticut Office of Tourism team!
The Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town program just launched and already, so many towns and destinations are firing on all cylinders! Fan-Favorite Town is designed to provide all 169 Connecticut towns and destinations within those towns a platform to promote the places that fill residents and visitors with pride and encourage visitation. Please consider getting involved by inspiring your communities to vote!
Here’s how your neighbors are rallying their communities:
• A group of Westport fifth-graders recently released a Fan-Favorite video that urges residents to vote and showcases their unique destinations. The stars of the video tie-in language from Connecticut’s spring ad campaign with a few “revolutionary” pairings of their own: “historic and innovative,” “nature and culture,” “glamorous and down-to-earth” and “active and relaxing.”
• New London launched a Fan-Favorite video contest asking people to express their pride by submitting a two-minute video that spotlights the people, places and things that make New London a Fan-Favorite. The winning video, asks locals what New London means to them and asks viewers to keep voting for the whaling city. The video will receive a $500 prize and be featured among the “Summer Cinema Series” at the Garde Arts Center.
• Clinton created a Fan-Favorite video that inspires votes and showcases their town pride.
• Simsbury created a beautiful slideshow video that highlights their destinations, accomplishments, people and more.
• Suffield created a Facebook collage about their community and great destinations.
There are many ways to participate – consider sending eblasts, sharing the materials in the partner toolkit and of course uploading photos to the #CTFanFavorite inspiration gallery and continuing to vote for your Fan-Favorite Town every day until July 25. Each week, we’re also posting a leaderboard of the top 10 towns and destinations as voted by the community to all of our social media channels, as well as, sharing with media. Further, we are using Fan-Favorite Town votes to inspire unique itineraries around the state as part of our “Try It” content series.