Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Time: 11:30am – 1:00pm
Location: Willibrew – 967 Main St., Willimantic
Cost: $20 members | $25 non members– includes lunch
[punica-button link=”https://windhamchamber.wpengine.com/event/october-2018-womens-council-luncheon/” style=”solid” color=”pink”]Register Here![/punica-button]
Our guest speaker will be Jessica Rivera from the Small Business Administration.
Are You a Women Owned Business? This workshop will cover all aspects of what qualifies you as a woman owned business: how do you know if you are, do you need to be certified, what are the State of Connecticut, private sector and Federal Government requirements when it comes to contracting.
You must register no later than 12pm, the Monday before the luncheon on our website.
The Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region, is proud to announce that one of its three main focuses this year has been its Women’s Council. The Chamber created the Women’s Council to provide services and programs to support and encourage women’s leadership and ownership in business and to strengthen the impact of women on the economy by creating jobs, fueling economic growth, and building strong communities. Our goals are to:
- Increase awareness of entrepreneurship as a viable means of economic self-sufficiency
- Accelerate the growth rate of enterprises owned by and/or run by women
- Encourage and support women in leadership roles
- Stimulate public policy and system changes that support and strengthen economic, intellectual and emotional empowerment of women
- Provide opportunities for women to meet each other, network and support each other, both professionally and personally, in a positive and effective venue.
The Women’s Council meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month at 11:30-1:00 at Willibrew. Lunch is included for $20 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members. If you would like to be a part of this exceptional experience please call us for more information at 860-423-6389 or visit our website WindhamChamber.com.