New Marketing Opportunities from Connecticut’s Office of Tourism, a division of the Department of Economic and Community Development:
• Submit Your Ideas for “100 Ways to Fall for Connecticut”
• Be Ready for Fall – Post Your Packages to CTvisit.com
Submit Your Ideas for “100 Ways to Fall for Connecticut”
COT is tapping experts, tourism industry partners and residents alike to crowd source a list of “100 Ways to Fall for Connecticut” for use in public relations, social media and web content marketing efforts. That’s where you come in. Do you have any particular events/specials/openings/etc., happening this fall that you’d like us to be aware of and consider for our outreach/content efforts?
Here are several examples to get you started:
• Ride a vintage train through a restored 1903 station while enjoying free fall cider and cookies at the Danbury Railway Museum (Danbury)
• Fill up a basket of Braeburn, Winesap, Granny Smith and Macintosh apples at the Blue Jay Orchards farm (Bethel)
• Spend a cozy weekend at The Stanton House Inn, just a few steps away from Greenwich’s fine shops (Greenwich)
• Add a little romance to the fall season with The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina’s “Fall Inn Love in New England” Autumn Getaway package (Niantic)
• Explore the spooky side of one of history’s most influential women writers during flashlight-lit tours at the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center (Hartford)
Please send all information around activities and/or deals, as well as corresponding photos, to Kelsey Varwig (Kelsey.Varwig@fleishman.com) by Tuesday, September 3 for consideration.
Also, please feel free to share any personal fall recommendations you have or ask your social community and visitors to offer their thoughts on fun fall things to do in Connecticut by sharing the following on Facebook and Twitter statuses.
Be Ready for Fall – Post Your Packages to CTvisit.com
Connecticut’s still revolutionary fall campaign will launch shortly and our tourism counselors are already fielding calls for fall travel information and overnight packages. Be prepared to take advantage of increased traffic to CTvisit.com and special marketing efforts to promote packages and increase overnight stays. Post your Travel Deals to CTvisit.com for free.
Packages, specials and discount passes that support the following messages will resonate with travelers this fall and make your Travel Deals more likely to be selected for additional exposure online and in the Connecticut Tourism eNewsletter deployed to 550,000 opt-in subscribers monthly:
• Fall foliage touring experiences (winery tours, antiquing, destination dining);
• Seasonal adventures (Halloween, Thanksgiving and outdoor enjoyment – hiking, biking, corn mazes)
• Value – Travelers continue to look to stretch their travel dollars
Let CTvisit.com help you get the word out about your active adventure, relaxing and family fun packages. Accommodation and attraction partners are encouraged to submit Travel Deals online through the CTvisit.com Partner CMS system.