The Chamber of Commerce, along with many Chambers across the country, is dedicated to identifying and promoting best practices and services that help improve the health and wellness of our community. It is common sense that good health in our community is desirable and beneficial to quality of life. But it is also important that employees are healthy so they can be productive and reliable workers as well as providers for their families.
The Chamber has many health and wellness related members, all dedicated to improving the daily lives of those living and working in our community. The Health Council brings them all together, to collaborate and make greater strides as a team. Some of our goals are….
1. To identify health care issues in our community.
2. To provide an opportunity for health and wellness professionals to meet and create relationships with each other.
3. To better understand what services are available in our community and to promote them.
4. To establish a health care legislative agenda that addresses health issues in our community.
5. To be a health resource for individuals, companies and health care professionals.
6. To develop programs to motivate and encourage healthier lifestyles.
We welcome all health care professionals, wellness professionals, community leaders, business leaders and anyone who is interested in a healthy life. Our meeting schedule will be determined by those who participate and by any issues that may need to be addresses. Chamber membership is not required to participate.
Please join us for our first meeting on September 4, 2014.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Diane Nadeau, President & CEO of the Chamber, at 860-423-6389 or info@WindhamChamber.com.
Health Council Meeting
Thur, Sept 4
Hartford Healthcare Health Center
5 Founders St, Willimantic
Building adjacent to Windham Hospital