The first week of our 24th Annual Walktober was a hit. More attendees than ever enjoyed the diverse choices. Keep pace in The Last Green Valley as Walktober continues.
What will you Walktober this week? Choose from some of these:
• Where the Buffalo Still Roam, a family favorite in Brooklyn that dishes up some delicious Wild Rice and Bison soup. (#67)
• Observe a beaver dam on the Mt. Hope River in Ashford at Byle’s Sanctuary. (#83)
• Explore the woods at dusk in Bozrah on the Twilight Trail Tour. (#94)
• Discover clues about the Culper Spy Ring in Coventry with “I Spy a Letterbox,” where beginners are welcome. (#99)
• Stories of soldiers will be told at the Yantic Cemetery Civil War Tour. (#102)
• Five live species of owls will want to know WHO is checking them out at the Horizon Wings Owl Prowl in Ashford (Event #28), so be sure to stop in for their education and craft station.
Complete details about all of The Last Green Valley’s Walktober experiences can be found in our free, full-color Walktober brochure. You can obtain one by emailing email@example.com or calling 860-774-3300 and requesting a copy. The brochure is also available at all TLGV Information Racks and a PDF version is available for download online at www.thelastgreenvalley.org. All updates, additions and cancellations will be posted on the Walktober 2014 page on TLGV’s website and Facebook page so please check them often.
The Last Green Valley is a National Heritage Corridor – the last stretch of dark night sky in the coastal sprawl between Boston and Washington, D.C. A dynamic nonprofit organization, TLGV works for you in the National Heritage Corridor. We help you to care for it, enjoy it, and pass it on!