Tax Videos from IRS Available To Help You File in 2014
The 2014 tax filing season begins on Jan. 31. To help you prepare for it, the IRS has several short and informative YouTube videos on a variety of tax topics. These videos are available in English, Spanish and American Sign Language (ASL).
IRS videos have received nearly 6.5 million views. Find them here:
• IRS Videos — http://www.youtube.com/irsvideos
• ASL Videos — http://www.youtube.com/IRSvideosASL
• Multilingual Videos — http://www.youtube.com/IRSvideosMultilingua
You may find some of these videos especially useful as you prepare to file in 2014. They include:
• Do-It-Yourself Free Tax Preparation. Helps you find free help from certified volunteers. Learn about becoming involved in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs.
• Do I Have to File a Tax Return? Learn about the all requirements for filing a tax return.
• How to Get 1040 Forms. Tips offered on the quickest way to get various 1040 forms on IRS.gov.
• Tax Scams. Tips offered on how to protect personal your information, avoid becoming a tax scam victim and more.
• Record-keeping. Learn which financial and tax files to keep and how long to keep them.
• Changed Your Name After Marriage or Divorce? Find out what you need to do if you have changed your name before you file your tax return.
• Choosing a Tax Preparer. Useful tips on choosing a reputable tax preparer.
The IRS uses social media tools and platforms to share the latest information on tax changes, initiatives, products and services. A full listing of all our social media channels is available on IRS.gov.