Inside This Issue
- IRS provides help for Hurricane Harvey victims
- Beware of Hurricane Harvey fake charity scams
- More IRS disaster relief information available
The IRS is providing a variety of tax relief for those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Check our webpage for the latest updates.
The IRS issued a warning about possible fake charity scams emerging due to Hurricane Harvey and encouraged taxpayers to seek out recognized charitable groups for their donations.
- Publication 3833, Disaster Relief, Providing Assistance Through Charitable Organizations
- Two-part mini-course on disaster relief.
Additional information about IRS help for Hurricane Harvey victims is available on IRS social media sites, including the Twitter handle @IRSnews, following the hashtag #Harvey.