It’s easy to get help from the IRS with social media. If you have a smartphone, we have a free app with many uses. If you like YouTube, we have lots of videos to help you file. If you’re on Twitter, follow the IRS for the latest tax news and information.
Here are easy ways to get what you need from the IRS, when and how you want it:
• IRS2Go. With this free mobile app from the IRS you can:
o Get your refund status.
o Watch IRS YouTube videos.
o Get tax news updates.
o Follow the IRS.
IRS2Go is available for the iPhone, iPad or Android mobile devices.
• YouTube. The IRS offers dozens of video tax tips on a variety of topics. You can view them in English, Spanish or American Sign Language.
• Twitter. Tweets from @IRSnews provide tax-related announcements and daily tax tips. @IRStaxpros tweets news and guidance for tax professionals. Tweets from @IRSenEspanol have news and information in Spanish and the Taxpayer Advocate Service sends tweets from @YourVoiceAtIRS. @RecruitmentIRS provides updates for job seekers.
• Podcasts. The Multimedia Center on IRS.gov has a host of short, tax-related audio recordings. The IRS website also has transcripts of the podcasts.
• Tumblr. Follow the IRS on Tumblr in both English and Spanish to access IRS tax tips, videos and podcasts. You can access Tumblr from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
• Facebook. The IRS Facebook pages provide news and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers. You can also connect with the Taxpayer Advocate Service.
• Subscribe to IRS Tax Tips. Subscribe to Tax Tips to get free tax filing tips via e-mail that are easy to read. For the latest word on taxes from the IRS, check out our e-news subscriptions.
If you found this Tax Tip helpful, please share it through your social media platforms.
Protecting your privacy is our top priority. The IRS uses social media to share public information, not to answer personal tax or account questions. You should never post your Social Security number or any other personal information on social media sites.