The Governor’s Executive Order 9M has given DECD the authority to create guidelines for sporting events in CT, to include team sports and youth events.
TEAM SPORTS ON PAUSE 11/23/2020 THROUGH 1/19/2021
• Pause affects all sporting activities except for Collegiate and Professional. Teams that view themselves as professional must obtain approval from DECD.
• Masks now required in Gyms and Fitness Centers, no exceptions.
• “Team” is defined as a group of more than 4 people jointly engaged in an organized or recreational athletic activity on a court, field, etc.
WHAT IS PROHIBITED DURING TEAM SPORTS ON PAUSE
• Participation in High Risk Sports (other than conditioning/non-contact drills)
• All Team scrimmages, competitions, camps, clinics and tournaments (including all interscholastic, “pick-up” games, and other informal athletic activities)
• Participation in any out-of-state Team practices (including conditioning), competitions, camps, clinics and tournaments by CT residents
• Participation in competitions, camps, clinics, tournaments in CT by out-of-state Teams
• Teams are not able to break up into smaller groups to practice or compete (e.g. a 20 person team practicing or competing in groups of 4 or less at the same time and location is not allowed)
WHAT IS ALLOWED DURING TEAM SPORTS ON PAUSE
• Outdoor Recreation activities
• Individual and small group training (4 people or fewer)
• Individual and small group Moderate and Low Risk Sports (4 people or fewer)
• Gyms (masks now required, no exceptions, minimum 6ft spacing and other Sector Rule Safeguards)
• Group Fitness Classes & Dance Studios, Yoga, Martial Arts Instruction, etc.
• Reduced to 25% capacity (from 50%)
• Masks now required, no exceptions
• Subject to minimum 6ft spacing and other Sector Rule Safeguards
• School Gym Classes (No Team sports subject to Pause to be played)
• Professional teams that obtain DECD approval and Sanctioned (NCAA/NAIA) Interscholastic College Sports (Recreational/Club sports on college campuses are subject to Team Sports on Pause rules)
SWIMMING POOLS RESTRICTIONS
No more than 4 swimmers will be allowed in the pool at any time. Patrons on the pool deck area shall maintain 6 ft social distancing at all times. Swimming instructors should wear waterproof masks.
For the updated Sector Rules go HERE.