For the third year in a row, The Last Green Valley, Inc. (TLGV) is pleased to announce the availability of funds for nonprofit organizations and municipal, regional, state or federal agencies to sponsor 2014 Earth Month or River Cleanups in the region.
* TLGV will reimburse your organization up to $500 for expenses like publicity, cleanup supplies such as trash bags and work gloves, and food for your volunteers.
* TLGV will also help publicize your event and work with you to recruit more volunteers.
* Last year, 1,095 volunteers removed more than 13,000 pounds of trash from our rivers, parks, and roadways!
To apply, submit a letter to TLGV, on your organization’s letterhead, at least four weeks before the proposed event.
* Include basic details about your cleanup – what, when, where, and who – plus your contact information, including an email address.
* Tell us what you hope to accomplish.
* Submit a budget detailing how you will use TLGV funds.
* Let us know who will be picking up and disposing of the trash (we can’t cover that cost).
* Explain how you will involve youth – the future stewards of The Last Green Valley.
* Describe how you will publicize not just the event, but the results.
* For nonprofit organizations, submit a copy of your 501(c) letter from the IRS.
TLGV reserves the right to approve or deny funds based upon the likelihood of project success and the availability of funds. We will contact you within two weeks of your submission. If TLGV approves funding, you will need to sign a short agreement and promise to acknowledge TLGV’s funding in your publicity materials. To help compile accomplishments, we will also ask you to complete and return the TLGV “Trash Tracker” forms.
For more information, contact Lois Bruinooge at (860) 774-3300 or email@example.com.