Connecticut employers who have yet to comply with the state’s sexual harassment prevention training mandate have been given more time.
The state Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities has again delayed the deadline for employers to complete the training, pushing it back to Apr. 19, 2021. The previous deadline was Feb 9. This law was mandated in 2019 by state lawmakers. This applies to EVERY business with THREE or more employees!
This legislation establishes new rules and requirements regarding sexual harassment training and education. These provisions and requirements originally went into effect October 1, 2019. The language, which applies to employers which have three or more employees , includes:
- Employers will be required to provide to a new employee a copy of information regarding the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims.
- Employers must provide all existing employees with two hours of training by April 19, 2021.
- Employers must provide two hours of training and education to new employees hired on or after October 1, 2019 within six months of their start date.
- Employers with fewer than three employees must provide two hours of training and education to all existing supervisory employees by April 19, 2021 or within six months to new supervisory employees.
- Employers must provide periodic supplemental training not less than every ten years.
FREE Online Training Course
The Time’s Up Act requires CHRO to develop an online training and education video and to make that available to employers at no cost.
The training can be viewed here. The training will proceed through each section of the training. When viewing the training videos, the links in the training will open a separate window to the videos hosted on Youtube. To complete the quizzes, pause the Youtube video, go back to the training page, and proceed to the next section. If you have already completed the training and would like to request an additional certificate of completion, you can do so from the first page of the training. If you would like a certificate and have not received one, please use the CHRO Training Certificate Request Form here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (English)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (Spanish)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (English)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (Spanish)